EU RED II: Trade protectionism and lost sustainability vision
In many respects, the European Union’s first Renewable Energy Directive (RED) represented a beacon of sustainability for Europe and for the EU’s major trading partners. The emphasis on renewable energy and the use of edible vegetable oils for biofuels resulted in substantial investment into the sector, not just in Europe but also internationally.
Europe indeed took the l...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world