Riding Southeast Asia’s wealth wave
Regional head of retail banking and wealth management for Asia Pacific, HSBC
PREMIUM For a sense of what rising affluence in a region of 650 million-plus consumers is all about, consider the soaring passenger volumes at many of Southeast Asia’s airports. Manila handled 41 million last year. That’s double the 2006 number. Passenger numbers at Ho Chi Minh City have more than quadrupled over the same period. Jakarta’s have risen from 37 million in 2009 to 63 million...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Here comes Bui Squad: Palu inmates help earthquake, tsunami survivors
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Dark side of K-pop: The East Light leader claims years of abuse
- Saudi Arabia deployed Twitter army against critics: NY Times
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- North Korea's box of bones: A mythical king and the dream of Korean unification
- Partygoers burn police vehicles after being denied dancing