Trade Expo 2017 sees 78 percent increase in visitors
The Jakarta Post
Trade Minister Enggartiasto Lukita has said the number of Trade Expo Indonesia (TEI) 2017 visitors increased by 78 percent from last year’s figure.
The number increased to 27,711 people from 117 countries during the five-day event in October at the Indonesia Convention Exhibition (ICE) hall in BSD, Tangerang, Banten, from the 15,567 visitors last year, the Trade Ministry announced on Monday.
“The event ran well at a venue sufficient for an international level expo combined with more interesting product zoning based on market demand … The venue is more comfortable for negotiations and purchases,” said Enggartiasto during a post-TEI press conference.Read also: Trade Expo Indonesia 2017 kicks off at new, bigger ICE
Transactions booked a 37.36 percent increase to US$1.41 billion from $1.02 billion last year -- $1.28 billion from goods purchases and the remainder from services transactions.
The biggest goods buyers came from Laos, with mostly coal purchases, followed by India, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Italy.
Coal, coffee, essential oil, processed food and crude palm oil accounted for the highest transactions in terms of value.
That was the first TEI conducted at ICE BSD and the first TEI held without relying on the state budget. Previously, the fair had been held at the Jakarta International Expo in Kemayoran in Central Jakarta for more than 30 years.
TEI 2018 ran from Oct. 24 to 28 at ICE BSD. (bbn)
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'