Trade Expo 2017 sees 78 percent increase in visitors
The Jakarta Post
Trade Minister Enggartiasto Lukita has said the number of Trade Expo Indonesia (TEI) 2017 visitors increased by 78 percent from last year’s figure.
The number increased to 27,711 people from 117 countries during the five-day event in October at the Indonesia Convention Exhibition (ICE) hall in BSD, Tangerang, Banten, from the 15,567 visitors last year, the Trade Ministry announced on Monday.
“The event ran well at a venue sufficient for an international level expo combined with more interesting product zoning based on market demand … The venue is more comfortable for negotiations and purchases,” said Enggartiasto during a post-TEI press conference.Read also: Trade Expo Indonesia 2017 kicks off at new, bigger ICE
Transactions booked a 37.36 percent increase to US$1.41 billion from $1.02 billion last year -- $1.28 billion from goods purchases and the remainder from services transactions.
The biggest goods buyers came from Laos, with mostly coal purchases, followed by India, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Italy.
Coal, coffee, essential oil, processed food and crude palm oil accounted for the highest transactions in terms of value.
That was the first TEI conducted at ICE BSD and the first TEI held without relying on the state budget. Previously, the fair had been held at the Jakarta International Expo in Kemayoran in Central Jakarta for more than 30 years.
TEI 2018 ran from Oct. 24 to 28 at ICE BSD. (bbn)
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- Public Works and Public Housing Ministry to develop four Priority Destinations
- Victoria's Secret to charm China with fashion gala