Those who love grilled dishes may have tried chicken satay. Featuring chicken on skewers served with peanut sauce, the dish pleases your taste buds with its sweet and savory flavors.
Ciptoroso, chef de cuisine at Cinnamon restaurant, Mandarin Oriental hotel in Central Jakarta, reveals that the secret behind delicious chicken satay is in the type of meat.
“Choose chicken thigh. The fat in chicken thigh makes the meat moist and tender,” he says.
Below is a chicken satay recipe by Ciptoroso for those wanting to make the dish at home. (kes)
- 200 grams chicken thigh
- 20 grams turmeric
- 30 grams candlenut
- 20 grams garlic
- 35 grams shallots
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Sweet soy sauce
- Chilies, chopped
- Wooden skewers
Read also: Ramadhan recipe: The Westin Jakarta’s 'bakwan jagung'
- 150 grams fried peanuts
- 10 grams garlic, smashed
- 15 grams shallot, smashed
- 30 grams chili, smashed
- Lime leaves
- 25 ml sweet soy sauce
- 20 grams palm sugar
- 2 limes
- Cut chicken leg into small cubes. Put aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add turmeric, candlenut, garlic and shallot. Blend well.
- Pour the spice mixture onto chicken and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Marinate for one to two hours.
- Mix soy sauce with chopped chilies and put aside.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut sauce by putting fried peanuts into food processor or blender. Blend well.
- In a pan, sauté garlic, shallot and red chili until fragrant.
- Add peanut and lime leaves. Bring to simmer. Continue to sauté until the oil comes out.
- Add soy sauce and palm sugar. Mix well.
- Turn off the heat and squeeze lime juice and mix well. Put peanut sauce aside.
- Put marinated chicken onto the skewers.
- Grill the chicken. Using brush, spread sweet soy sauce and peanut sauce on the chicken. Repeat until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve chicken satay with peanut sauce.
Your premium period will expire in 0 day(s)
Subscribe to get unlimited access Get 50% off now