TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

Hundreds of Indonesians to arrive from Yemen

  • The Jakarta Post

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta   /   Sun, April 12, 2015   /  03:21 pm

As many as 450 Indonesians evacuated from Yemen will arrive in Jakarta on Monday and Tuesday, the Foreign Ministry has said.

Ninety citizens evacuated on an Indonesian Air Force Boeing 737-400 aircraft are scheduled to arrive at Halim Perdanakusuma Airport, East Jakarta, at 10:30 a.m. local time on Monday.

'€œForeign Minister Retno LP Marsudi and Indonesian Military commander Gen. Moeldoko are planning to welcome the arrival of the 90 Indonesian citizens,'€ the ministry said in a press statement as quoted by Antara on Sunday.

On Tuesday, 360 Indonesians transported on a chartered flight are scheduled to arrive at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport at around 10 a.m. local time.

Based on information obtained by the ministry, a number of Indonesians are still taking refuge in temporary shelters in several areas across Yemen, waiting for their evacuation to Indonesia. As many as 423 Indonesian citizens are in Tarim, followed by 260 in Mukalla, 111 in Aden, 58 in Sana'€™a and 37 people in Hudaydah.

'€œThe Indonesian government has continuously urged all Indonesians in Yemen to agree to be evacuated as long as it is still possible to carry out the evacuation process and before the situation gets worse,'€ according to the ministry.

'€œThe government has also asked the families of the Indonesians in Yemen to encourage their relatives to agree to be evacuated.'€

Last week, the Indonesian government dispatched an integrated team to Yemen and Salalah, Oman, to accelerate the evacuation of Indonesian citizens trapped in Yemen's conflicts by sending one Boeing 737-400 aircraft belonging to the Indonesian Air Force and one aircraft chartered from Djibouti.

The team consists of 48 people, comprising 19 Foreign Ministry officials, 21 Indonesian Air Force personnel, seven National Police personnel and three National Intelligence Agency (BIN) officials.

The team dispatched to Hudaydah, Tarim, Al-Mukalla, Aden (Yemen) and Salalah (Oman) as well as Djibouti has continued to register Indonesians in the areas and work with local authorities to evacuate them.

The evacuation of Indonesians from Yemen has involved five Indonesian representative offices, namely the Indonesian Embassy (KBRI) in Sana'€™a, KBRI Riyadh, KBRI Muscat, KBRI Addis Ababa, which also works for Djibouti, and the Indonesian Consulate General (KJRI) Jeddah. (ebf)

 

 

 

Your premium period will expire in 0 day(s)

close x
Subscribe to get unlimited access Get 50% off now