TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

State plantation holding company books Rp 38b profit

News Desk (The Jakarta Post)
Jakarta
Mon, February 27, 2017 Published on Feb. 27, 2017 Published on 2017-02-27T16:47:21+07:00

Change text size

Gift Premium Articles
to Anyone

Share the best of The Jakarta Post with friends, family, or colleagues. As a subscriber, you can gift 3 to 5 articles each month that anyone can read—no subscription needed!
Workers of state-owned plantation company PT. Perkebunan Nusantara XIII sort oil palm fresh fruit bunches during the harvest in Lorong Pinang, Paser, East Kalimantan. Workers of state-owned plantation company PT. Perkebunan Nusantara XIII sort oil palm fresh fruit bunches during the harvest in Lorong Pinang, Paser, East Kalimantan. ( Ayu Ambong/tempo.co)

S

tate-owned plantation holding company PT Perkebunan Nusantara III booked Rp 38 billion (US$2.85 million) in consolidated profit in January after suffering losses of Rp 264 billion in the same period last year.

Total losses up until August 2016 reached Rp 1.6 billion.

Perkebunan Nusantara finance and corporation Erwan Palawi said profit particularly came from the production increase of palm oil from 108,276 tons in January 2016 to 132,615 tons in January, this year.

“Along 2016, the transformation program implemented by Holding Perkebunan Nusantara has been on the right track. We believe our working performance will continue to the end of 2017 because profit in the early year just follows the trend of profit since August 2016,” he added.

He said a number of the holding’s subsidiaries had also started to book profits.

(Read also: PTPN III named as holding firm for state plantations)

“The performance of Holding Perkebunan Nusantara’s subsidiaries is encouraging. It means that the transformation has had a positive impact and spread to the entire holding,” Erwan said in a statement issued on Monday.

He added that the transformation program of the company would be accelerated this year, covering financial restructuring, downstream business development, research strengthening, sale strategy improvement, leadership redesigning and e-procurement introduction.

He said the debt restructuring had gone smoothly, as both state-owned and private foreign banks had expressed their commitment to support its financial restructuring program. (bbn)

 

Your Opinion Matters

Share your experiences, suggestions, and any issues you've encountered on The Jakarta Post. We're here to listen.

Enter at least 30 characters
0 / 30

Thank You

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback.

Share options

Quickly share this news with your network—keep everyone informed with just a single click!

Change text size options

Customize your reading experience by adjusting the text size to small, medium, or large—find what’s most comfortable for you.

Gift Premium Articles
to Anyone

Share the best of The Jakarta Post with friends, family, or colleagues. As a subscriber, you can gift 3 to 5 articles each month that anyone can read—no subscription needed!

Continue in the app

Get the best experience—faster access, exclusive features, and a seamless way to stay updated.