The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has prepared Rp 60 billion (US$4 million) in relief aid for disaster-stricken areas in Central Sulawesi following the earthquake and tsunami that hit Palu on Friday.
"We have allocated Rp 60 billion to help Palu and Donggala recover from this disaster," Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan said on Monday at the National Monument.
He said Jakarta would coordinate with the Central Sulawesi administration to disburse the fund, which was allocated from the capital's 2018 regional budget.
The Jakarta administration is also sending several teams from its regional disaster mitigation agency (BPBD), Health Agency, Public Order Agency and fire department to help rescue efforts in Palu, Donggala and other Central Sulawesi areas that have been affected by the disaster.
Anies said the teams had been deployed for 10 days to help with relief efforts in the region. (ris)