TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

Reconstruction period extended in damaged West Nusa Tenggara

  • Panca Nugraha

    The Jakarta Post

Mataram   /   Fri, August 23 2019   /  12:42 am

The government has decided to extend the emergency transition period in the earthquake-hit West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) for four months until Dec. 25 from the previous deadline of Aug. 25, to finish the restoration of all houses damaged by the disaster.National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) head Doni Monardo said at least 222,000 residences had been damaged by a series of strong earthquakes that jolted the island of Lombok, NTB, in August last year.“More than 170,000 of the buildings had already been repaired by today. We still have about four months to repair the remaining 50,000 units,” he said on Tuesday, adding that some 75,000 of the houses had been severely damaged, forcing the authorities to rebuild them from scratch.The central government had channeled Rp 5.1 trillion (US$358 million) to restore all of the damaged and destroyed houses. Residents whose homes were severely dama...