The Jakarta Post
The Bali administration has corrected its report of confirmed COVID-19 cases in its jurisdiction: There are three, not four. The fourth confirmed case left the island for another province in the country.
The Bali administration’s regional secretary, Dewa Made Indra, said the fourth person had visited Bali for a work-related trip, but the individual later reported to authorities in another undisclosed province.
“Therefore, we have corrected our data, from four confirmed cases of COVID-19 yesterday to three as of today,” said Dewa during a press conference in Denpasar, Bali on Saturday.
He added that two of the three confirmed patients had died and they were both foreign nationals.
One of the deceased had been cremated while another remained in a mortuary at a hospital, he said.
“We are still in coordination with the general consulate of the country from which the deceased originated, on how to treat the body post mortem. That’s the reason why we still keep it at the mortuary.”
As of Saturday, the administration had also performed contact tracing of the 217 people who had been in close contact with all confirmed cases in the province and asked them to self-isolate at home. He also said the administration was closely observing 95 others suspected to have the disease.
“On the other hand, we can also confirm that 71 suspected patients have undergone COVID-19 tests, with 68 of them having been declared negative and hospitals have allowed them to go home. We are still waiting for the [test results of the] rest,” he said. (glh)