press enter to search

Sail Sabang 2017 aims for three goals: Tourism Minister


Pesona Indonesia

Jakarta  /  Sat, December 2, 2017  /  10:01 am
Sail Sabang 2017 aims for three goals: Tourism Minister

Japanese fortress at Weh Island, Aceh. (Shutterstock/File)

Tourism Minister Arief Yahya recently spoke about the three goals of Sail Sabang 2017 event that’s currently being held in Aceh until Dec. 5.

“First [goal] is the birth of Golden Triangle SaPhuLa regatta -- it’s an abbreviation of Sabang, Phuket and Langkawi. This route will be known worldwide since three countries, three destinations are put into one cruise tour package,” he told.

Arief said that this route is also sometimes called the diamond triangle or golden triangle.

“Sabang will be the leading [destination] for marine tourism. Regatta is a series of boat or yacht series that are mostly dominated by foreign tourists. After it has been established in Sabang, it will be the primary and a huge attraction tourism event in Sabang. A lot of people will come and many will preserve it,” Arief added.

The second goal is the establishment of world-class freediving competition, which is part of Sail Sabang 2017 lineup.

“Sabang has a beautiful sea that’s perfect for diving. International competitions must and will be held in Sabang and we hope [participants] don’t just come on the D-day but they will arrive months before the competition for preparation. This will benefit the locals,” said Arief. 

The minister is also going to ask related parties to prepare diving training centers in Sabang while the ministry will prepare the staff who has freediving skills.

“We would prioritize young people from Sabang and residents of Aceh,” he told.

And the last goal of Sail Sabang 2017 is related to fisheries. Arief told that 80 percent of fish in the world is from cultivation whilst the rest 20 percent is caught by men.

“There will be fish cages [keramba] created 30 meters from CT-3 in Sabang using the latest technology. These three goals will eventually bring success for the Aceh, especially Sabang,” Arief said. (kes)

Your premium period will expire in 0 day(s)

close x
Subscribe to get unlimited access Get 50% off now