World Record : Blueprint Prints Three Times Above Printer Warranty Limit
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
In the world of ink based printers, there are two technologies competing for market share, bubblejet (used by Canon and HP) and Piezzo (used by Epson and Brother). Bubblejet applies heat to create bubble and push ink out of printhead, while Piezzo utilizes micro pumps.
Ink drop size is tiny, ranging from 1 to 3 pl (pico liter = 1 / 1,000,000 liters). A little precipitation will clog the printhead.
Blueprint has proved its ink quality by printing as many as 45,338 sheets, which set a new world record. In comparison the bubblejet G1000 model only guarantees 15,000 sheets. The figure is three times higher than that offered by the printer warranty limit.
Blueprint has been proven to be not only to be reliable in piezzo (record in 2013) but also in bubblejet (record in 2016).
Total records kept by the Indonesian World Record Museum (MURI) are as follows:
2009 ' Blueprint 18,000 sheets using printer bubblejet IP1880
2010 ' PT Epson Indonesia 22,022 sheets using printer piezzo L100
2012 ' PT Epson Indonesia 30,160 sheets using printer piezzo L350
2013 ' Blueprint 36,100 sheets using printer piezzo L110
2016 - Blueprint 45,338 sheets using printer bubblejet G1000
The process is carried out over 11 days (17-27 February 2016) in two cities, Jakarta and Jogjakarta using 4 printers. The printout is a standard document ISO24712, which is the world standard to test printing ability.
At the end of MURI record-breaking, all of the printheads (4 units) were still in perfect condition. The Blueprint ink formula proved to be the best in the world, printing way above the number given for the warranty offered for original printer ink.
MURI is the only institution in the world that collects records for printer and ink durability. A MURI record also serves as a world record in this field. (+)
You might also like :
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Japan selected as partner for Jakarta-Surabaya railway project
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase