atrk
press enter to search

Indonesian actor Cecep Arif Rahman gets ready to film 'John Wick: Chapter 3'

News Desk
News Desk

The Jakarta Post

Jakarta | Mon, June 11, 2018 | 07:33 pm
Indonesian actor Cecep Arif Rahman gets ready to film 'John Wick: Chapter 3'

Actor Cecep Arif Rahman poses during an interview with kompas.com in Jakarta on May 31, 2016. (kompas.com/Kristianto Purnomo)

Actor and silat master Cecep Arif Rahman flew to the United States over the weekend for the start of filming for action-thriller John Wick: Chapter 3.

As reported by kompas.com, Cecep said he did not do anything special to prepare for the film, other than his usual training, before flying out on Sunday.

"There were no special preparations; this time [all] I really did is continue to train," Cecep said as quoted by kompas.com

He said he maintained his physique while choreographing scenes in the Joko Anwar-directed Gundala.

"So at the time, every day there was a schedule for training with the choreography team," Cecep said, commenting on the production of Gundala, an Indonesian film produced by Screenplay Sinema.

Read also: Yayan Ruhian, Cecep Arif Rahman to star in 'John Wick: Chapter 3

The actor said he did not know whether his role in the third installment of the action franchise would involve silat (traditional Southeast Asian martial arts), noting that he would be made privy to details once he arrives in the US. 

"For the choreography, of course I would do what the director wants in the field as needed for the scene," Cecep said. "I've been informed that there would be stunts, but what the scene is like and how, there is no detailed information yet." 

Having previously watched the first two John Wick films, which star Keanu Reeves in the titular role, Cecep said there were elements of silat in the story already. 

"I previously saw John Wick 1 and 2 I'm happy with the action. In my opinion, some of the action at the end is technically very similar to silat," Cecep said. 

John Wick tells the story of a former hitman who tries but fails to live a quiet life.

The first John Wick movie was released in 2014, followed by John Wick: Chapter 2 three years later. Both films were a critical and commercial success.

The cast for the newest installment will see Reeves return to his starring role. He will be joined by Halle Berry, Anjelica Huston, Laurence Fishburne, Asia Kate Dillon and Mark Dacascos. (liz/kes)

Comments