Kampung residents go green and make money
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Piles of garbage dumped by residents in a field near Kampung Toplang in Tegal Alur subdistrict, West Jakarta, used to be burned or left to rot, polluting the area and harming the kampung children who play in the field. But last year, a group of unemployed men from the kampung built a bamboo hut on the field, where they make compost out of the organic waste and sort the nonorganic recyclab...
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move
- US golfer Spieth in prime position to win British Open