Martha Christina Tiahahu: The 'kabaressi' heroine of Maluku
. Azis Tunny
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM A statue of Martha Christina Tiahahu stands 8 meters tall atop a monument dedicated to the freedom fighter in Ambon, Maluku. (JP/M. Aziz Tunny) While Raden Ajeng Kartini is known as a heroine of women's emancipation, other national heroines were freedom fighters, such as Cut Nyak Dien of Aceh. In Maluku, a brave young woman took up arms along with her male peers against colonizers of the D...
- Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown
- Hizbut Tahrir may file lawsuit against disbandment: Police
- Ratu Atut gets 5.5 years for another graft conviction