By the Way: Has my Indonesia really sunk this low?
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM First, rest assured that I'm perfectly aware that Indonesia is far from eradicating poverty. I've lived outside Java and traveled much into the countryside to know that Jakarta's gleaming lights give a misleading portrait of Indonesia as a whole. But I used to think that the term "dirt poor" could only be applied to certain pockets in far-flung provinces. Until this past week. I...
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- NGO sues Indonesian government over Ahmadiyah persecution
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Guard allows theft of prison van, multiple collisions follow
- Digital tourist center now open in Soekarno-Hatta’s Terminal 3
- South Sulawesi to host Bira Beach Run
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- No serious issues during this year’s Idul Fitri exodus: Police
- Sandiaga opposes expanding motorcycle ban to more Jakarta thoroughfares