Street vendors also deserve urban space
PREMIUM We often see problems associated with street vendors (pedagang kaki lima) in Indonesian cities. Street vendors conduct their business on sidewalks, in city parks, on pedestrian bridges and on streets. They are often regarded as an undesirable eyesore. In many cases, authorities have forcibly evicted street vendors in the name of "urban order" and "cleanliness". But str...
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices