Seasoned diplomat Ali Alatas dies of heart attack at 76
The Jakarta Post
Former foreign minister and seasoned diplomat Ali Alatas died Thursday morning of a heart attack at Singapore’s Mount Elizabeth hospital, aged 76. He is survived by his wife and three children.
Alatas had been admitted with heart problems to Medistra hospital in Jakarta on Nov. 20, but was transported to Singapore four days later.
His body was flown to Jakarta on Thursday...
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2