Seasoned diplomat Ali Alatas dies of heart attack at 76
The Jakarta Post
Former foreign minister and seasoned diplomat Ali Alatas died Thursday morning of a heart attack at Singapore’s Mount Elizabeth hospital, aged 76. He is survived by his wife and three children.
Alatas had been admitted with heart problems to Medistra hospital in Jakarta on Nov. 20, but was transported to Singapore four days later.
His body was flown to Jakarta on Thursday...
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Minister gives taxpayers another chance to declare hidden wealth
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased