Bring the diplomats in, send the warriors out
PREMIUM In a vote of 14-0, the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) approved Resolution 1860 calling for an immediate cease-fire to the Gaza conflict. The United States abstained from voting, presumably because the resolution didn't affect its current position very much. The cease-fire resolution, drafted by Britain and backed by the United States and France - all veto-wielding members of the UNSC...
- Experts warn government against complacency in tackling forest fires
- Jakarta-Cikarang commuter line to begin operation in October
- Jakarta collects Rp 120 million in fines from illegal tree-cutting
- BI criticized for burdening consumers with e-money top-up costs
- Government advised to increase ceiling on import taxes
- Indonesia to organize upcoming Europalia cultural festival
- Elisabeth Moss, a Scientologist, wins Emmy for depicting cult
- Government preparing regulation for 'core tax system'
- Minister Susi to sink 100 more fishing boats this year
- Matahari closes two outlets in Jakarta