Peatland conversions conditionally approved
Adianto P. Simamora
THE JAKARTA POST
The environment minister has approved the conversion of peatlands to oil palm plantations, if an environmental impact analysis (Amdal) is done.
State Minister for the Environment Rachmat Witoelar was responding to Tuesday’s issuance of a decree by Agriculture Minister Anton Apriyantono on the use of peatlands, despite strong criticism from environmentalists that the move could r...
- Rapper defiantly stares at eclipse, cancels shows
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Indonesian research productivity lacking: LIPI
- EDITORIAL: Dualistic authorities in Batam
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol