Semarang's old city: A fading reminder of former glories
Simon Marcus Gower
PREMIUM Unique design: The Marba building is a quite unique design but has only sparing usage. (JP/Simon Marcus Gower) Semarang, one of the oldest cities in the country, was the place of residence for a Dutch provincial governor in colonial times. As the provincial capital of Central Java, with a very active port, it grew into a major city busy with trade and administrative importance. The...
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- US golfer Spieth in prime position to win British Open
- Danilo completes Man City move
- North Central Timor to make Crossborder Road Race an annual event