Semarang's old city: A fading reminder of former glories
Simon Marcus Gower
PREMIUM Unique design: The Marba building is a quite unique design but has only sparing usage. (JP/Simon Marcus Gower) Semarang, one of the oldest cities in the country, was the place of residence for a Dutch provincial governor in colonial times. As the provincial capital of Central Java, with a very active port, it grew into a major city busy with trade and administrative importance. The...
- Trash inundates space underneath toll road in North Jakarta
- How healthy is too healthy? EU warns about green tea supplements
- Britain to ban sale of plastic straws in bid to fight waste
- Jakarta MRT to have women operators, maintenance officers
- Banjarnegara earthquake displaces more than 2,000
- Smartphone app promises speech therapy at your fingertips
- Will Facebook Indonesia face criminal charges for data breach?
- Government raises demands to Facebook Indonesia
- Iran, Iraq, Syria, Russia hold 'anti-terrorism' meet
- Jokowi to complete 38 strategic projects before term ends