Lampung residents told not to panic as Mt. Anak Krakatau spews ash
Oyos Saroso H.N. and Yuli Tri Suwarni
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Coastal residents living close to Mount Anak Krakatau, off the Sunda Strait in Lampung, have evacuated to Bandarlampung out of fear of an imminent eruption of the volcano due to increased volcanic activity, despite the fact that its alert status remains at two, our of four. Sonhaji, 45, a resident of Bawang village, Punduh Pidada district in South Lampung, said he took his family to his re...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media
- NTB creates task force to tackle garbage on Mt Rinjani
- Jakarta Council sees decline in performance of 'orange troops'