Logging moratorium `a must' to save Riau forests
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The NGO Riau Forest Rescue Working Network (Jikalahari) is urging the central government to reform forestry policies and end land disputes to slow the pace of deforestation in the province. "Deforestation in Riau is due to the paper industry and oil palm plantations' conversion activities," Susanto Kurniawan, the organization's coordinator, said Thursday at a seminar on the logging moratorium...
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims