Byun Do-Yoon: Breaking the gender patterns
Matheos Viktor Messakh
The Jakarta Post
During her career spanning four decades, Korea’s Gender Equality Minister Byun Do-yoon has become clear on one thing: In the male-dominated societies across Asia, it is still hard for women to land jobs and hold on to them.
Breaking this pattern has been Byun Do-yoon’s primary mission since she took up the ministerial post in March 2008. Byun said duri...
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family