Minister denies TNI played role in Freeport attacks
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Defense Minister Juwono Sudarsono has denied the Indonesian Military (TNI) was involved in the recent armed attacks on US gold and copper mining giant PT Freeport Indonesia in Papua. "That is just wild speculation," he said Thursday. Juwono however said he was uncertain as to whether the secessionist Free Papua Movement (OPM) was involved in the series of shootings, that left three peopl...
- Indonesia Instagram's biggest market in Asia Pacific
- Jakarta Police welcome new chief
- Locals bulldoze orangutan conservation forest area in East Kalimantan
- World Bank to offer blended financing for Indonesia
- World Bank advises Indonesia to push for reforms
- Ubud listed among 'world's top 15 cities'
- Penyengat Island to focus on religious tourism
- 'Interest groups have played with Novel's case': Activist
- The best airport in the world just got better
- Freeport to issue new shares to meet divestment requirement