Traditional Chinese houses enjoy reinvention
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM A small alley lies between traditional houses in China. Many small alleys create labyrinth-like path for residents. JP/Tifa Asrianti While traditional houses in Indonesia disappear due to a lack of conservation, the trade of traditional-style courtyard homes siheyuan in Beijing thrives after the government issued a decree in March that encourages groups and individuals to buy the siheyuans. Under ...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden