Plight of shoeshine boys
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM It is not uncommon to see trials in which severe punishments are handed down for minor offences. This was the case befalling 10 shoeshine boys who were charged with gambling at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.What constituted their “crime” was betting on a game of heads-or-tails, and their punishment was one month’s imprisonment. During this their parents must have gone through hell. So...
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Electric cars made by Indonesian students featured at Jakarta motor show
- May Day march to concentrate on Monas area