New light on birth of Indonesian Navy
PREMIUM In the early years after Indonesian independence, the country's lack of professional personnel in its defense forces stuck out like a sore thumb to the embarrassment of those in authority at the time. Despite this shortage, there was an abundance of freedom fighters whose numbers were high in the capital of the new republic, Yogyakarta. The first steps toward independence were made when...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'