Batik selected for UNESCO cultural heritage list
The Jakarta Post
Indonesians have been asked to wear batik on Oct. 2, following UNESCO’s decision to add the traditional dyeing technique to its Intangible Cultural Heritage list. The listing, which will give the age-old batik tradition some degree of protection under the UNESCO charter, will be made official at an event in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates, between Sep. 28 and
Oct. 2.To acknowledge the l...
- Trash inundates space underneath toll road in North Jakarta
- How healthy is too healthy? EU warns about green tea supplements
- Britain to ban sale of plastic straws in bid to fight waste
- Jakarta MRT to have women operators, maintenance officers
- Banjarnegara earthquake displaces more than 2,000
- Smartphone app promises speech therapy at your fingertips
- Will Facebook Indonesia face criminal charges for data breach?
- Government raises demands to Facebook Indonesia
- Iran, Iraq, Syria, Russia hold 'anti-terrorism' meet
- Jokowi to complete 38 strategic projects before term ends