Administration calls for all-in batik day this Friday
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Jakarta is set to become an ocean of batik this Friday, with the city administration officially calling upon all residents to wear batik in recognition of UNESCO's decision to add the traditional dyeing technique to its list of elements of intangible cultural heritage. The administration sent a formal request to all government offices and private companies in the city to ask their employees t...
- Indonesia Instagram's biggest market in Asia Pacific
- World Bank advises Indonesia to push for reforms
- World Bank to offer blended financing for Indonesia
- Locals bulldoze orangutan conservation forest area in East Kalimantan
- Ubud listed among 'world's top 15 cities'
- Penyengat Island to focus on religious tourism
- Jakarta Police welcome new chief
- The best airport in the world just got better
- Options prepared to reform Batam management
- Japan joins feasibility study for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Govt