Batik makes UNESCO list of heritage
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The ground floor of Plaza Semanggi in Central Jakarta was crowded as usual on Friday afternoon, with people darting in and out for a quick lunch, but there was something particularly unique today. Almost all visitors milling around the mall were clad in batik. Saphyrenia Adelisa, 19, also jumped on the bandwagon in expressing the nation's love for batik. The sophomore wore a loose batik ...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday