Dr Amina Wadud: For a Progressive Islam
JP/J.B. DjwanThe Islamic scholar, author, imam and activist — Dr Amina Wadud — started life as Mary, a Methodist child of the US borderline Southern State of Maryland in 1952.
Descended from Berber, Arab and African slaves who once answered the Islamic call to prayer, generations later Wadud would be born to an open-minded Methodist pastor. She grew up witnessing African Americans sawin...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- Manulife aims to attract middle-upper class clients with new insurance product
- NTB creates task force to tackle garbage on Mt Rinjani
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet