Creating low-carbon prosperity
PREMIUM President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has pledged to reduce Indonesia's carbon emissions by at least 26 percent by 2020, and potentially more, depending on international support. With this pledge, Indonesia has positioned itself at the forefront of efforts to combat global climate change. Such reductions in carbon emissions must not conflict with Indonesia's efforts to improve living standards. So ...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media
- NTB creates task force to tackle garbage on Mt Rinjani
- Jakarta Council sees decline in performance of 'orange troops'