Banning looms as draconian officials remain
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The recent public outrage over the banning of five books deemed controversial by the Attorney General's Office and the disappearance of George Junus Aditjondro's recently released book linking President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's inner circle with the Bank Century bailout debacle has raised the serious issue of vestiges of long-forgotten, ancient authoritarian rule mind-set among government offici...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Plagiarism: What can we learn from Afi's case
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats