Be prepared for 2012 solar storm, scientists warn
The Jakarta Post
Scientists have forecast a solar storm may occur sometime in 2012 and reportedly its impact can include power outages and mobile phone malfunction.
Clara Y Yatini, of the National of Aeronautics and Space’s (LAPAN) Solar and Space Division, said activity on the sun’s surface might increase in 2012, causing magnetic storms to hurl energy particles toward earth.
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target