Be prepared for 2012 solar storm, scientists warn
The Jakarta Post
Scientists have forecast a solar storm may occur sometime in 2012 and reportedly its impact can include power outages and mobile phone malfunction.
Clara Y Yatini, of the National of Aeronautics and Space’s (LAPAN) Solar and Space Division, said activity on the sun’s surface might increase in 2012, causing magnetic storms to hurl energy particles toward earth.
- Sandiaga Uno to establish sharia tourism zone in Jakarta
- Indonesia should think twice about military aid for Philippines: Expert
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta
- Death toll in Marawi could rise 'significantly': Military
- Palace denies President and Vice President to get salary increases
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- 17 new routes opened at AP II airports so far this year
- Fourth suspect named in N. Sumatra Police attack