Energy issues in the 100-day program
Since 2004 Indonesia has become a net importer of oil and that is why Indonesia withdrew its membership from the Organization of Petroleum Exporter Countries (OPEC).
The country’s oil reserves are only enough for 10 years. Even if exploitation for consumption and exports become more extensive, coal reserves will not cover more than 19 years and 45 years for natural gas.
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Toddler breaks leg in escalator accident in Bengkulu
- Lafleur '82 magnums fetch more than $12,000 each at Sotheby's
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom