Energy issues in the 100-day program
Since 2004 Indonesia has become a net importer of oil and that is why Indonesia withdrew its membership from the Organization of Petroleum Exporter Countries (OPEC).
The country’s oil reserves are only enough for 10 years. Even if exploitation for consumption and exports become more extensive, coal reserves will not cover more than 19 years and 45 years for natural gas.
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Microsoft urges regulation of face-recognizing tech
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Learning from France’s multiculturalism, World Cup run
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- Tokyo’s reign as world’s largest city fades
- Airbus near blockbuster $23 billion jet sale to AirAsia