Hundreds of students, food poisoning from milk
PURBALINGGA, Central Java: One-hundred-and-ten elementary school students in Grecol village, Kalimanah district, were reported to have had food poisoning after drinking dairy milk sold at the school.
They complained of dizziness and nausea after consuming the milk Thursday.
The students were taken to the community health center and hospital for treatment and schoolchildren were exempted from classes.
School principal Sri Darwati said the milk they consumed was produced by a home industry in Banyumas and sold at the school without authorization.
"The sellers approached us recently but we rejected their offer," she said.
"Today they appear to have sold their product without notifying us," she said. - JP