Happy Salma to release new book
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Actress Happy Salma has absolutely no plans to leave the showbiz world yet, but if she did, it would be to pursue a writing career.
Happy, who says she fell in love with writing when she was a child, will soon release her new book.
“I’ve written three books now, and collaborated with others, so I’ve written a total of six books,” said Happy, as quoted by newsportal okezone.com. “Next month, I’ll be releasing my new book Habib Palsu Tersandung Cinta [Fake Cleric Tripped Over Love] that I wrote with a male writer from Bandung,” she added.
According to Happy, it took eight months to complete the book with writer Ubay Baequni.
“It was a bit hard as we communicated mainly through the virtual world, because we live in different cities,” Happy said. “But I love challenges; I always want to produce something new.”
The writing world, Happy said, was her new playground where she could explore ideas, as well as learn to develop her talent.
Her inspiration, she said, came from whatever she saw and felt.
As a writer, Happy admitted she often felt stuck, as her ideas didn’t flow as smoothly as she expected.
“When it happens, I will stop [writing] for a while, and wait for ideas to flow again,” she said.
“It requires practice as it’s all about creativity. And I’ll continue practicing.”
“I’m serious about writing, and would pursue [a career in that field] if I left the entertainment world,” she added. — JP
- Grassroots war on rabies
- Good nutrition entails safe drinking water
- Award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ returns for season 3
- Rationality, deficit in democracy
- Jokowi meets with German President, discusses death penalty
- Repair harm done to Jakarta Bay, fishermen demand
- Indonesia to learn vocational education from Germany: Minister
- 1965 victims: We don’t want communism, just reconciliation
- Cold rice balls, no flush toilets at quake-hit Japan shelter
- NU calls on govt. to reveal truth behind 1965 tragedy