Letter: Aceh after Hasan Tiro
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The history of contemporary Aceh is very much linked to Hasan Tiro. If classical Aceh in the 17th century goes to the Great Sultan Iskandar Muda, the 20th century and Aceh-Dutch war goes to Teuku Umar and Cut Nyak Dien, the independence and post-independence era of 1960’s goes to Tgk. Mohd. Daud Beureueh, then Aceh over the past 30 years goes to none other than Hasan Tiro. Hasan Tiro has shaped ...
- Anies launches first housing project with zero down payment
- Jakarta designates lane for motorcycles
- Myanmar makes record drug bust with 30 million meth pills
- 'Millennial bravery' and taking the fight against corruption online
- Chance to push for IMF quota reform?
- Commentary: 'Minor reshuffle' and Jokowi's own political survival
- Health certificate to be compulsory for couples getting married
- Bali welcomes more South Korean tourists in 2017
- BMW ranks first, Subaru rated worst in electric vehicle survey
- ‘Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition’ slated for March