Letter: Aceh after Hasan Tiro
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The history of contemporary Aceh is very much linked to Hasan Tiro. If classical Aceh in the 17th century goes to the Great Sultan Iskandar Muda, the 20th century and Aceh-Dutch war goes to Teuku Umar and Cut Nyak Dien, the independence and post-independence era of 1960’s goes to Tgk. Mohd. Daud Beureueh, then Aceh over the past 30 years goes to none other than Hasan Tiro. Hasan Tiro has shaped ...
- Indonesia Instagram's biggest market in Asia Pacific
- Jakarta Police welcome new chief
- Locals bulldoze orangutan conservation forest area in East Kalimantan
- World Bank to offer blended financing for Indonesia
- World Bank advises Indonesia to push for reforms
- Ubud listed among 'world's top 15 cities'
- Penyengat Island to focus on religious tourism
- 'Interest groups have played with Novel's case': Activist
- The best airport in the world just got better
- Freeport to issue new shares to meet divestment requirement