Indonesia bans exports of illegally harvested timber
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
Stepping up its fight against illegal logging, the government began the implementation early this month of a ban on exports of illegally harvested wood and wood products.
The government made it mandatory for forestry companies to obtain official certificates to show that timber has been legally sourced without damaging forests. The policy has been deemed necessary since according to officia...
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- Turkish-led forces in control of Syria's Afrin city
- Continuous profit from quail-waste based biogas
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- Trump attacks fairness of Mueller probe