Indonesia bans exports of illegally harvested timber
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
Stepping up its fight against illegal logging, the government began the implementation early this month of a ban on exports of illegally harvested wood and wood products.
The government made it mandatory for forestry companies to obtain official certificates to show that timber has been legally sourced without damaging forests. The policy has been deemed necessary since according to officia...
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- KPK gets new information on flow of funds in e-ID graft
- At least 13 dead and 50 injured in Barcelona van attack
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day