Indonesia bans exports of illegally harvested timber
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
Stepping up its fight against illegal logging, the government began the implementation early this month of a ban on exports of illegally harvested wood and wood products.
The government made it mandatory for forestry companies to obtain official certificates to show that timber has been legally sourced without damaging forests. The policy has been deemed necessary since according to officia...
- Sandiaga Uno to establish sharia tourism zone in Jakarta
- Indonesia should think twice about military aid for Philippines: Expert
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta
- Death toll in Marawi could rise 'significantly': Military
- Palace denies President and Vice President to get salary increases
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- 17 new routes opened at AP II airports so far this year
- Fourth suspect named in N. Sumatra Police attack