Councilors mull virginity as criteria for enrollment
Jambi | Wed, September 22 2010 | 09:22 am
PREMIUMA Jambi provincial legislator has floated a potentially controversial idea requiring female students enrolling into state schools to undergo virginity tests, with failure meaning exclusion from studies.
“The idea is simple. Parents are obviously afraid of their daughters being deflowered before the time comes, so before they continue their studies, they can undergo the virginity test and ...
- BREAKING NEWS: Explosions hit East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Suicide bomber, policeman killed in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- BREAKING NEWS: Eyewitness hears "two explosions" erupt in East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Police say explosions a suicide bombing
- Chaos erupts after suspected bomb blasts strike Kampung Melayu bus terminal
- Ahok, sex, and a ghost story of democracy
- Portrait of Myanmar's 'Buddhist Bin Laden' chills Cannes
- EDITORIAL: In step with the Nazis?
- Ahok resigns as Jakarta governor
- Light cigarettes linked to specific form of lung cancer
SE AsiaLawmakers told to stay in Manila for martial law review
Hendri Yulius Writer of Coming Out and a lecturer of gender and sexuality studies
Ahok, sex, and a ghost story of democracy
LifeAriana Grande suspends tour after Manchester attack
TravelThe best apps for people who travel alone