City to clear drainage systems next month
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The Public Works Agency will start the tender process for contractors to clean the city’s drainage systems next month in anticipation of the rainy season.
“Some works will be conducted by the winner of the bidding process as scheduled, while we are doing some ad-hoc work,” Governor Fauzi Bowo said on Monday.
He said the agency should also tackle drains that need urgent work.
“For example, when the Jl. Rasuna Said-Jl. Gatot Subroto intersection is inundated, I ordered the agency to immediately handle it as such a case cannot await a tender process,” he said.
The agency, he said, also regularly cleared blocked drainage systems that often flooded after rain, including the one on Jl. Sabang in Central Jakarta. — JP
- Food that can help your skin heal more quickly
- For train lovers, a bargain 760-km trip may be just the ticket
- Ahok sets Jakarta minimum wage at Rp 3.35m
- Ahok still busy on his last day in office
- BI pushes 'waqf' development as financial welfare instrument
- BREAKING NEWS: Judges sentence Jessica to 20 years in prison
- Indonesia brings home Miss Grand International 2016 title
- 'I don't accept the verdict': Jessica
- Judges find Jessica guilty despite lack of eyewitnesses
- Seeking true happiness through meditation