Comment: Anwar blames Malaysian media
The Jakarta Post
Sept. 26, online: Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim blames the Malaysian media and ruling party UMNO for playing a part in heating up the ever-tense situation between Indonesia and Malaysia.
Anwar said at a forum in Jakarta on Sunday that Malaysians’ tendency to have a negative perspective on Indonesia could be attributed to, among other things, negative coverage by the Malaysian media of events occurring in Indonesia or involving Indonesians.
I was so surprised to be the first to comment. People, don’t waste your time to comment. Let me be the first and the last. Let us do something more useful.
Big ups to Mr. Ibrahim for keeping it real, son.
The rakyat to rakyat relationship between Malaysia and Indonesia has been superb all the time. Only dirty politicians on both sides are the culprits. Of course, the media helps to escalate the issues.
For example, there are 2 million Indonesian migrant workers working in Malaysia and maybe a million more illegals earning a living in Malaysia.
Definitely, there will be one or two idiots who exploit or mistreat those people. Some opportunist politicians paid Bendera to do their “act”. The news made headlines in the Indonesian media and stirred the emotions of the Indonesian people.
This is morally and religiously wrong! My brother hired a maid who worked for him for 15 years! She was diagnosed for breast cancer. My brother did not send her back, but instead spent thousands of ringgit trying to cure her until the doctors gave up.
He sadly sent her home and she passed away 2 months later. Does the media print this kind of news?
I believe there are millions of good employers in Malaysia who treat their maids like their own
family members. I have good Indonesian friends and I love them all. I don’t give a damn as to what politicians say!
Andra Raimi bin Hafez
Let him speak. Indonesia has freedom of expression and speech. Let him say what he has in his mind. Go, Anwar, you are free to say what you’ve got to say.
Please, please! Don’t listen to this guy! He is wasting our Malaysian-Indonesian time!
He is so good in selling minyak angin (snake oil) instead of doing any good for Malaysia or Indonesia.
- Parties launch diversity campaign, counter anti-Ahok rally
- Ahok supporters lambasted for bringing party attributes to Car Free Day
- Setya Novanto, Surya Paloh stand up for diversity after anti-Ahok rally
- Trump's call inspires hope in Taiwan, concern in Beijing
- Transjakarta summons operator for allegedly renting out buses for political gathering
- In remote Indian village, cannabis is its only livelihood
- Italians vote in referendum, Renzi vows to quit if he loses
- Jokowi feels euphoria on pitch after victory over Vietnam
- Ill-fated police plane carrying 13 exploded after hitting water: Witnesses
- First victim found, 12 remain missing in police plane crash