Mt. Anak Krakatau sees 72 eruptions
The Jakarta Post
SERANG: Mount Anak Krakatau saw 72 eruptions on Thursday, one eruption more compared to the previous day which saw 71, the monitoring post reported Friday.
“The status is still at level II or caution status,” the post was quoted by Antara as saying. The statuses for volcanos are: normal, caution, alert and danger.
The government has set Anak Krakatau as a danger zone within a 2-kilometer radius from its peak.
Residents living in Anyer, Serang, said they could hear the sounds of eruptions only in the evening when the town was quiet. “In the morning and afternoon the sounds were overpowered by noise from vehicles and the people,” Doni said. — JP
- 10 arrested over alleged illegal levies in S. Sulawesi
- Dutch woman dies after train accident in Yogyakarta
- Japan pledges support for Indonesian infrastructure development
- Double standards: The defining of homosexuality as pornographic in Indonesia
- Piko-Taro’s ‘Pen Pineapple Apple Pen’ debuts on Billboard 100
- Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur to have one halal certification
- We are working to address traffic congestion: Ahok
- Indosat denies cartel allegations amid KPPU investigation
- Alleged foreign sex workers facing immigration charges
- Second legal warning over land ownership ban sent to Yogyakarta governor