Mt. Anak Krakatau sees 72 eruptions
The Jakarta Post
SERANG: Mount Anak Krakatau saw 72 eruptions on Thursday, one eruption more compared to the previous day which saw 71, the monitoring post reported Friday.
“The status is still at level II or caution status,” the post was quoted by Antara as saying. The statuses for volcanos are: normal, caution, alert and danger.
The government has set Anak Krakatau as a danger zone within a 2-kilometer radius from its peak.
Residents living in Anyer, Serang, said they could hear the sounds of eruptions only in the evening when the town was quiet. “In the morning and afternoon the sounds were overpowered by noise from vehicles and the people,” Doni said. — JP
- Grassroots war on rabies
- Good nutrition entails safe drinking water
- Award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ returns for season 3
- Rationality, deficit in democracy
- Jokowi meets with German President, discusses death penalty
- Repair harm done to Jakarta Bay, fishermen demand
- Indonesia to learn vocational education from Germany: Minister
- 1965 victims: We don’t want communism, just reconciliation
- Cold rice balls, no flush toilets at quake-hit Japan shelter
- NU calls on govt. to reveal truth behind 1965 tragedy