Korean pop star Rain to sing at Asiad close
The Jakarta Post
GUANGZHOU: Rain, the Korean pop music sensation, will perform three songs at the closing ceremony of the Asian Games on Saturday.
The superstar will perform as part of an exhibition for Incheon, South Korea, which will host the 17th Asian Games in four years, 2014 Asian Games Cultural Event director general Kim Dae Hwa said.
As Asiad’s next host city, Incheon was given 10 minutes at the closing ceremony to show case Korea and the city to Asia, he said.
The Korean performance would open with traditional Arirang folk songs, Taekwondo demonstrations and percussion music, he said. Finally, Korean children and celebrities would sing while holding lanterns to welcome Asia’s athletes to Incheon, Kim said. — JP
- 'I don't accept the verdict': Jessica
- BI pushes 'waqf' development as financial welfare instrument
- BREAKING NEWS: Judges sentence Jessica to 20 years in prison
- Ahok sets Jakarta minimum wage at Rp 3.35m
- Judges find Jessica guilty despite lack of eyewitnesses
- Indonesia brings home Miss Grand International 2016 title
- Ahok still busy on his last day in office
- Seeking true happiness through meditation
- Guilty or not, Jessica to face verdict
- Indonesia, Australia team up to track extremist returnees