Korean pop star Rain to sing at Asiad close
The Jakarta Post
GUANGZHOU: Rain, the Korean pop music sensation, will perform three songs at the closing ceremony of the Asian Games on Saturday.
The superstar will perform as part of an exhibition for Incheon, South Korea, which will host the 17th Asian Games in four years, 2014 Asian Games Cultural Event director general Kim Dae Hwa said.
As Asiad’s next host city, Incheon was given 10 minutes at the closing ceremony to show case Korea and the city to Asia, he said.
The Korean performance would open with traditional Arirang folk songs, Taekwondo demonstrations and percussion music, he said. Finally, Korean children and celebrities would sing while holding lanterns to welcome Asia’s athletes to Incheon, Kim said. — JP
- Grassroots war on rabies
- Good nutrition entails safe drinking water
- Award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ returns for season 3
- Rationality, deficit in democracy
- Jokowi meets with German President, discusses death penalty
- Repair harm done to Jakarta Bay, fishermen demand
- Indonesia to learn vocational education from Germany: Minister
- 1965 victims: We don’t want communism, just reconciliation
- Cold rice balls, no flush toilets at quake-hit Japan shelter
- NU calls on govt. to reveal truth behind 1965 tragedy