FFI committee chief resigns from post
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The committee chair of the 2010 Indonesian Film Festival (FFI),
Niniek L. Karim, announced her resignation Friday night, three days
before the festival’s award ceremony.
“I have failed to make the FFI a warm house for the nation’s artists and filmmakers,” she said, as quoted by kompasiana.com.
Niniek said she had met Culture and Tourism Minister Jero Wacik and...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden