Global Islam: Between images and reality
Globalization has made the world of Islam more heterogeneous than homogeneous. It continues to shape Islam identities and moralities, imagined or real, at both global and local levels. What is conceptually homogenous is Islam itself, but what it means differs.
Globalization in its broadest sense is not new, and early Islam normatively preached trans-racial, trans-ethnic solidarity of the c...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income