10 years later, Christmas Eve bombs leave many in fear
The Jakarta Post
A string of coordinated attacks on churches on Christmas Eve 10 years ago have kept Christian communities living in fear of another attacks by terrorist groups. The Jakarta Post’s Hasyim Widhiarto explores how the incident has traumatized the community. Here are the stories:
Simultaneous attacks on more than 25 churches in 11 cities on Christmas Eve 2000 introduced the country to a new er...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats