Tracing the life history of Javanese-Surinamese
When Lisa Djasmadi got involved in writing and editing a book on Javanese people in Suriname, she discovered many heartening stories.
She had never heard stories like them before, chro-nicles of how her forefathers had departed from Java and arrived in Suriname, enduring numerous hardships along the way.“They were very poor and had to work very hard. I am very proud that they had the cour...
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- Catholic leader forgives attacker of Yogyakarta church