Houses destroyed in lava river explosion
The Jakarta Post
YOGYAKARTA: A river of mud swept away three houses and severely damaged tens of others in Cangkringan district, Sleman, Yogyakarta, on Monday, after a bed of cooling lava exploded on the slopes of Mt. Merapi.
The explosions were triggered as heavy rainfall swept the Gendol River, which flows from Merapi’s slopes. The river was still full with cooling lava spewed from the volcano during la...
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Riau ups wildfire alert status
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Big Bad Wolf returns to Jakarta in March