Houses destroyed in lava river explosion
The Jakarta Post
YOGYAKARTA: A river of mud swept away three houses and severely damaged tens of others in Cangkringan district, Sleman, Yogyakarta, on Monday, after a bed of cooling lava exploded on the slopes of Mt. Merapi.
The explosions were triggered as heavy rainfall swept the Gendol River, which flows from Merapi’s slopes. The river was still full with cooling lava spewed from the volcano during la...
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- RI awaits official KL apology on SEA Games 'flag incident’: Sports minister
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Indonesian Achievements Festival to recognize 72 'Icons'
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017