Houses destroyed in lava river explosion
The Jakarta Post
YOGYAKARTA: A river of mud swept away three houses and severely damaged tens of others in Cangkringan district, Sleman, Yogyakarta, on Monday, after a bed of cooling lava exploded on the slopes of Mt. Merapi.
The explosions were triggered as heavy rainfall swept the Gendol River, which flows from Merapi’s slopes. The river was still full with cooling lava spewed from the volcano during la...
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Vice President Kalla promises shelter for Rohingya refugees in Aceh
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Jakarta x Beauty festival seeks to promote self-confidence
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Disney delights 'Star Wars' devotees at CinemaCon
- Foreign workers' regulation to improve investment climate: Minister
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers