Houses destroyed in lava river explosion
The Jakarta Post
YOGYAKARTA: A river of mud swept away three houses and severely damaged tens of others in Cangkringan district, Sleman, Yogyakarta, on Monday, after a bed of cooling lava exploded on the slopes of Mt. Merapi.
The explosions were triggered as heavy rainfall swept the Gendol River, which flows from Merapi’s slopes. The river was still full with cooling lava spewed from the volcano during la...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- Obama’s visit to boost Indonesia’s tourism
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official