Toll road to cost island 2 hectares of mangrove
The Jakarta Post
The construction of a new toll road connecting southern Denpasar with Ngurah Rai International Airport and Nusa Dua will cost the island 2 hectares of pristine mangrove forest.
Mangroves are havens for endemic biodiversity and natural barriers against coastal erosion.
The planned toll road is the central government’s solution to the chronic traffic that haunts Bali’s sole express...
- BREAKING: Indonesia's Stock Exchange evacuated after floor collapse
- Bank Indonesia, police prevent bitcoin transactions in Bali
- Cryptocurrency rivals snap at Bitcoin's heels
- Building management should be held accountable for IDX collapse: Consumers foundation
- More than 70 admitted to hospitals following collapse at IDX building
- Stock Exchange building-worthiness certificate expires this month: Anies
- Anies plans to return 'becak' to Jakarta streets
- Celine Dion Jakarta concert ticket prices announced
- Road near IDX closed until Tuesday
- Trump: 'I'm not a racist'