Toll road to cost island 2 hectares of mangrove
The Jakarta Post
The construction of a new toll road connecting southern Denpasar with Ngurah Rai International Airport and Nusa Dua will cost the island 2 hectares of pristine mangrove forest.
Mangroves are havens for endemic biodiversity and natural barriers against coastal erosion.
The planned toll road is the central government’s solution to the chronic traffic that haunts Bali’s sole express...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey