Toll road to cost island 2 hectares of mangrove
The Jakarta Post
The construction of a new toll road connecting southern Denpasar with Ngurah Rai International Airport and Nusa Dua will cost the island 2 hectares of pristine mangrove forest.
Mangroves are havens for endemic biodiversity and natural barriers against coastal erosion.
The planned toll road is the central government’s solution to the chronic traffic that haunts Bali’s sole express...
- Rain and Kim Tae-hee exchange wedding vows
- Police step up investigation into Rizieq Shihab
- NU, Muhammadiyah suffer setbacks over their roles in society
- 'Dangal' named highest grossing Bollywood movie of all time
- Ex-Garuda Indonesia CEO named as corruption suspect on Rolls-Royce engines purchasing
- ‘Kimi no Na wa’ (Your Name.) now hailed as highest grossing anime film
- Cases against FPI leader may boost Ahok’s electability: Researcher
- Agus still front runner, but Ahok's popularity increasing: Survey
- Agus could win in West, East Jakarta, Ahok in Central, North Jakarta: Pollster
- US ambassador visits pesantren to learn about Islam