Toll road to cost island 2 hectares of mangrove
The Jakarta Post
The construction of a new toll road connecting southern Denpasar with Ngurah Rai International Airport and Nusa Dua will cost the island 2 hectares of pristine mangrove forest.
Mangroves are havens for endemic biodiversity and natural barriers against coastal erosion.
The planned toll road is the central government’s solution to the chronic traffic that haunts Bali’s sole express...
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Jakarta x Beauty festival seeks to promote self-confidence
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Vice President Kalla promises shelter for Rohingya refugees in Aceh
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape