Toll road to cost island 2 hectares of mangrove
The Jakarta Post
The construction of a new toll road connecting southern Denpasar with Ngurah Rai International Airport and Nusa Dua will cost the island 2 hectares of pristine mangrove forest.
Mangroves are havens for endemic biodiversity and natural barriers against coastal erosion.
The planned toll road is the central government’s solution to the chronic traffic that haunts Bali’s sole express...
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- One-fuel price policy to be implemented in more regions