Toll road to cost island 2 hectares of mangrove
The Jakarta Post
The construction of a new toll road connecting southern Denpasar with Ngurah Rai International Airport and Nusa Dua will cost the island 2 hectares of pristine mangrove forest.
Mangroves are havens for endemic biodiversity and natural barriers against coastal erosion.
The planned toll road is the central government’s solution to the chronic traffic that haunts Bali’s sole express...
- Indonesia prepares company to manage Freeport
- Rihanna is named Harvard University Humanitarian of the Year
- Bandung terrorist suspect was 'recidivist': Police
- Freeport needs to stand up to Indonesia over the CoW issue
- NGO urges King Salman not to forget his promises to crane victims
- Indonesian woman shocked to find kidney had been removed after working in Qatar
- Philippine militants release video of German's beheading
- Anies, Ahok to face off in second round: KPU Jakarta
- Indonesia can embrace clean energy amid cheaper renewables, says UK climate envoy
- Bandung civil servants recount terror attack