Toll road to cost island 2 hectares of mangrove
The Jakarta Post
The construction of a new toll road connecting southern Denpasar with Ngurah Rai International Airport and Nusa Dua will cost the island 2 hectares of pristine mangrove forest.
Mangroves are havens for endemic biodiversity and natural barriers against coastal erosion.
The planned toll road is the central government’s solution to the chronic traffic that haunts Bali’s sole express...
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Myanmarese fugitive arrested for trafficking
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- Indonesian research productivity lacking: LIPI
- EDITORIAL: Dualistic authorities in Batam