Toll road to cost island 2 hectares of mangrove
The Jakarta Post
The construction of a new toll road connecting southern Denpasar with Ngurah Rai International Airport and Nusa Dua will cost the island 2 hectares of pristine mangrove forest.
Mangroves are havens for endemic biodiversity and natural barriers against coastal erosion.
The planned toll road is the central government’s solution to the chronic traffic that haunts Bali’s sole express...
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid
- Study links acne with increased risk of depression
- Visitors flock to Kopi Johny to talk to Hotman Paris Hutapea about legal matters