Toll road to cost island 2 hectares of mangrove
The Jakarta Post
The construction of a new toll road connecting southern Denpasar with Ngurah Rai International Airport and Nusa Dua will cost the island 2 hectares of pristine mangrove forest.
Mangroves are havens for endemic biodiversity and natural barriers against coastal erosion.
The planned toll road is the central government’s solution to the chronic traffic that haunts Bali’s sole express...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- Jakarta Council sees decline in performance of 'orange troops'
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media
- Where is the disability? My stumps don't define me