Toll road to cost island 2 hectares of mangrove
The Jakarta Post
The construction of a new toll road connecting southern Denpasar with Ngurah Rai International Airport and Nusa Dua will cost the island 2 hectares of pristine mangrove forest.
Mangroves are havens for endemic biodiversity and natural barriers against coastal erosion.
The planned toll road is the central government’s solution to the chronic traffic that haunts Bali’s sole express...
- Schools facing closure after allowing students to take part in 'gladiator fight': Komnas Anak
- Muslims celebrate Islamic New Year to promote tolerance
- Indonesia’s U-16 inch closer to AFC berth after beating Thailand 1-0
- Trump's threat akin to `sound of a dog barking': North Korea
- Police arrest two suspects allegedly involved in high school “gladiator” fight
- Hot new talent to light up Milan Fashion Week
- Indonesian FM Retno Marsudi receives UN Agent of Change award
- Militants planned to target Malaysian beer fest: police
- SOEs urged to accelerate development of Kuala Tanjung industrial park
- Auditor arrested for Harley Davidson gift